Wednesday, May 16, 2007

David Flores

 “David “David

David Flores

Los datos sobre el artista David Flores que he encontrado son bastante desconcertantes... pero allí van:

David Flores, a well-established international artist, has sold out shows from New York to Tokyo. His easily identifiable style has been seen on magazine covers the world over as well as on products for companies like Vans, Oakley, X-Large and skate company Shorty’s. His designs have been seen on clothing worn by celebrities from Paris Hilton, skate legend Chad Muska to baseball superstar Daisuke Matsuzaka. After developing into a major art star in Tokyo, at long last, Flores returns to Los Angeles with all new work for an exhibition at project: gallery. The exhibit opens March 10th, 2007 from 7-11pm and runs through March 31st.

"My name is David Flores. I am a stencil artist from Southern California. Representing ...as the collective since 2002. I am the guy who paints girls in gas masks. Sometimes they wear hardly anything, sometimes they wear more, but it is only for the photo. I am not sexist in any way, shape or form, and I feel that it is important that I clear that up. And while I am on the subject, I do not do heroine either, but it does happen out there and I think people neglect to see that fact, as well as poverty, war and equality. I love my life. I work hard at what I do, and won't stop until I get to where I want to be. I am currently building an empire. It appears to be happening slowly to some people, but it has all gone as planned thus far. I love hip-hop and it's culture. I like painting pictures of it's people. I don't use Photoshop for any of these paintings that I speak of".


2Urban Artist. Iranian born in Tehran. I started graffiti stencil from 2002 when I made the second stencil from acetate sheet in my life. It was the Munch's "Scream" which I wanted to spray in Our Art University walls. Why? because the Art scene is terrible in Iran and like any other environments it's full of obligations and controls. I did my job and after that i just worked and sprayed. It was not just the start for my work, but a start for Iranian graffiti scene which got to start 2 years later. Most of my time i am surfing the web, saving images and making stencils out of them. The rest of my time i am surfing the streets, taking photos and making stencils out of them. I make my life with graphic design and selling my canvases (paintings). So you see I have a miserable life".

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 

Licencia C 2004-2005 by Spyder&Cat

Email