Friday, September 10, 2004

Elisa



Elisa

"I was born in Lima, Peru in 1967. Named after a mermaid I was destined to have a different view of the world around me. Initially photography was only a reference for my illustration projects but soon began to appeal to my inherent creativity. Having worked in the design and advertising field in my early 20’s I am strongly drawn to the balance of graphic shapes and the strength of color and contrast.

Heavily influenced by the pagan aspects of Catholic iconography, mythology, the Art Deco and Art Nouveau aesthetic and the art of the PreRaphaelite movement my work reflects dark sensuality, mythology and luxury of form. A traditional film fhotographer for a decade, I embraced digital photography after experimenting with color and post production and realizing the medium translated my artistic vision perfectly.

My work is featured in the book “Women by Women: Erotic Photography” by Prestel as well as the occasional art gallery, album cover, various online exhibits and e-zines and the stock art libraries of Corbis US and Arcangel Images."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 

Licencia C 2004-2005 by Spyder&Cat

Email