Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Nikolai Fomin



Nikolai Fomin

Born 9.12.70 in Gorny village, near Lesnoi town, Yekaterinburg district, in the Urals.
Education: Kirov Agricultural Institute, Faculty of Game Biology, 1988-1993.
"My art is undoubtedly based on the love of the wild and feminine beauty. I am inspired also by feeling the magic effect that makes me find beauty and perfection in all of nature's creatures and good spirits as well as the feeling of harmony in the interplay of its constituents.Often, the images are brought to me whilst listening to my favourite music (especially ethnic groups - Veleslava, Varttina, Garmarna or Hedningarna, for example). I find drawing to music is my best method of working.And, of course, whole worlds arise in my mind whilst learning about the culture and the spiritual world of Northern people and about Old Slav pagan beliefs (www.slavjanstvo.org).
At the same time I have got quite narrow priorities and find my interest and inspiration exclusively in the northern hemisphere, in the countries on the Arctic Circle, northwards from the mixed forest zone. For some reason the South with its richer colours, exotic, warm climate and nature's plenty can not give me as much inspiration as the North does. My heart belongs to the North with its sharp contrast of warmth and cold, ice, snow and water, with its fluffy animals and ruffled up birds, with its beautiful legends and some "frosty sterility" and peace of mind.My interest is in the culture of Finno-Ugric and Siberian people of which many are small is not casual as well. They are not as noticeable as the large developed nations but, at the same time, they keep their unique traditions and respectful attitude to environment and have a lot which they can teach us.
I think everyone must strive for harmony, both within himself and with outward things, and work for self-improvement and self-enrichment (I do not mean in the financial side of the life at all). However, if the person feels disharmony because of some creative or noble impulse – that is not a bad condition too.
I think you will notice at first sight the lack of professionalism, style-mixing and the other mistakes in my works. I am indeed an amateur artist, but I have got a great wish to express my feeling for the surrounding world by this way and to share it with you. And if my works cause some response from your heart it will nevertheless mean for me that I have not wasted water-colours, Indian ink, paper and other things for arts."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 

Licencia C 2004-2005 by Spyder&Cat

Email